[pptp-server] can't talk

Brett Bunker bjkbunker at highstream.net
Sun Dec 9 12:35:10 CST 2001

I am running Redhat 7.2 and downloaded the 2.4.16 kernel and patch for mppe and compiled it. I  recompioled ppp to use mschap. I can connect to my vpn but cannot ping or browse the network. I also cannot get encryption to work even though I applied the patches. I am running the pptp server on the same box as my firewall. Is it easier to seperate the firewall and vpn server. I do have samba running on the box and have it joined to the domain and can browse it on the local network.