[pptp-server] pptp w radius authentication on a solaris system

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Sun Dec 9 21:56:00 CST 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 EBennett at powerlan.com.au wrote:

> Just about to embark on a project which it doesn't appear a lot of people
> have done before after looking over some list traffic, is there anyone out
> there who's configured poptop on solaris? Is this a difficult project or
> pretty much the same as under linux? How is streams encryption handled, I
> know it's a kernel component in linux but I don't see how it would be done
> in solaris.

See ppp-2.4.1/solaric/ppp_comp.c:

/*
 * ppp_comp.c - STREAMS module for kernel-level compression and CCP
support.
 *

MPPE is a PPP compression protocol - even though it does compression, and
even though it makes the payload larger, not smaller - remember, this is a
Microsoft hack.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739