[pptp-server] Attempts to get PPTPD and PPP working with CHAP

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Mon Dec 10 08:47:27 CST 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Janet (but actually Dougal) Holmes wrote:

> > If so... What do I need to put in localip and remoteip? The man page
> wasn't
> > too clear on exactly what the difference was between them.
>
> Put one of your spare IP's as the localip. This is the address given to the
> PPTP server end of the link

There's very rarely any reason to use a spare IP as the localip. Use the
same IP as the local ethernet interface of the server.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739