[pptp-server] Severe performance problems

Gianluca Insolvibile g.insolvibile at cpr.it
Wed Dec 12 07:06:43 CST 2001

And that's a prompt answer! ;-)

pptpd.conf has 'option /etc/ppp/options.pptp'. This is /etc/ppp/options.pptp:

lock
debug
auth
+chap
+chapms
+chapms-v2
proxyarp
mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless

I have seen the recent thread on the 'speed' option, but I am not using that. In
my case, I suspect something strange is happening with TCP flow control over the
PPTP channel, but just can't imagine what.

Gianluca