[pptp-server] Interface problems

Lorentz Morrow lorentzm1 at home.com
Tue Dec 18 17:25:05 CST 2001

	If this is a simple or obvious problem I will apologise in advance.  I am
fairly new to the Linux world. I've got a box at home that is the gateway to
my internal network which runs pptpd.  Eth0 is the outside interface eth1 is
the internal interface.  It works great.  I'm trying to set up pptpd at work
and it's not going so great.  I've got a D-Link router that is the gateway
there.  It is also a dhcp server.  It always assigns the pptp server's eth0
192.168.1.4 and directs all traffic for ports 1723 there.  At first I thought
that I could just have a single interface and not mess with iptables.  With a
single interface I could connect with encryption but could not ping any other
IPs on the network.

	My first question would be... can I use pptpd with a single interface box?
and if so how?

	So, I didn't get the single interface setup working, so, I figured I'd just
add a second interface and mimic my settings at home.  So, I dropped in eth1
and set it static to 192.168.1.6 and took my same iptables script I use at
home (got it from home.swbell.net/bezerke/) and plugged in the internal and
external interface variables and the internal subnet.  It didn't work I get

iptables v1.2.3 : log-level "info" ambigious try iptables -h or --help

several times in a row.

	My second question would be what would I need to change to make this work?

If you get the urge to reply with RTFM please specify which one.

Thank you,
	Lorentz Morrow