[pptp-server] How to set iptables to doesn't masquerade the V PN traffic?

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Wed Dec 19 16:31:00 CST 2001

Make sure your vpn users are on the same IP range (subnet) as the local
users otherwise this will fail...

you need to put a rule which ACCEPTS anything from subnet to subnet on
interface ppp+  eg.

INTSN="10.10.10.0/24"
VPNDEV="ppp+"
EXTDEV="eth1"
 /sbin/ipchains -A input -i $VPNDEV -s $INTSN    -d $INTSN  -j ACCEPT
 /sbin/ipchains -A forward -i $EXTDEV -s $INTSN  -d $INTSN  -j MASQ

these rules are what I use.. the input is only there because I bloke
everything coming in... otherwise not needed as I'm using the "-i $EXTDEV"
option to masq only the packets going to the internet, NOT the vpn....

should be right..

if this doesn't work I'll need your iptables rules or ipchains rules to see
what your doing....

thanks,
George Vieira
Systems Manager