[pptp-server] PPTPD configuration problem - none output in the logfile

Arturo Pina arturo at descom.es
Mon Dec 24 07:26:59 CST 2001

Hi,
I'm trying to setup PPTPD on Solaris 7. I'm totally desperate, as for some
strange reason there's no output in the logfile and I can't understand why.
1) I've setup /etc/pptpd.log with
debug
2) I've setup /etc/syslog.conf with
daemon.* /var/log/pptpd.log
When I open a PPTP connection to the box I see the traffic coming and going,
and I get the 619 error from Windows (port not connected). Whenever the
server is not running I get 678 (non answer).
I've also seen via truss command that the server forks a child and does
several things whenever I fire up the connection but that's it.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Please any help would be much
appreciated.

P.S. I don't even talk about ppp problems as I don't get to that stage yet.
Kind regards,

Arturo