[pptp-server] PPTP with NAT

Chris Woods cxwood2 at qwest.com
Fri Dec 28 10:46:43 CST 2001

I have a DSL line at my home with static public IP's and I am trying to PPTP
into a Linux (samba) PoPToP server that is behind a router doing NAT.  I can
connect just fine and I get assigned an address for the private LAN.  My
problem is that I can't see the server.  Oh ya my Linux (samba) is running
as a NT PDC and is working fine on the LAN.

Any ideas?

Here is my OPTIONS :

debug
name (is this a FQDN or browse master name or a workgroup name)
auth
require-chap
proxyarp
ms-wins 10.0.0.2
netmask 255.255.255.0 (winipcfg reports the mask as 255.0.0.0?)

Here is my PPTPD.conf:

debug
speed 115200
option /etc/ppp/options