[pptp-server] VPN clients, authentication, and samba

Mike Mullis mmullis at charter.net
Sat Dec 29 16:07:41 CST 2001

Hi, this is my first try and sending to a list, so bear with me please.

After about 2 days of fiddling with PoPToP I was able to get it working.
Until I can get back to the office, I cant do much testing though. Well to
get my client to authenticate, I had to use DOMAIN\\username in my
chap-secrets. Will I need to have my users chap-secrets password the same as
the samba password if i want them to be able to access the files? Will the
fact that they'll be in a diffrent workgroup ot nt domain cause me problems?
Thanks.