[pptp-server] help with ppp_mppe and kernel 2.4.16 ?

Moti sysop at netvision.net.il
Sat Dec 29 12:35:58 CST 2001

Hi ,
I have followed the faq in the poptop site and have tried in vain to
configure pptpd on redhat 7.2 .
one problem i have is the ppp_mppe module .
I have downloded the ppp.2.4.1 and pathces and the kernel patches as well .
if i look in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/ i see the ppp_mppe.c but if i run
make modules make modules _install it will not compile the
module and i cant see it in /lib/modules/....
u got the pptpd going and i am succesfully authenticating using mcchap-v2
from win98 and win2k .
any help will do !!!
thanks
barazani