[pptp-server] ppp-2.4.0 combined patch

Gill, Vern vgill at technologist.com
Mon Feb 5 01:37:49 CST 2001

I have created a patch file for ppp-2.4.0. This patch file incorporates
all of the following functionality;
MPPE for PPP
require-mppe for ppp
stripmsdomain for ppp
use smbpasswd file for ppp chap authentication

This patch applies cleanly against a fresh ppp-2.4.0 source tree
To build ppp with this patch, you need libsmbpw

To apply, do the following;
If your ppp source is /usr/src/ppp-2.4.0, cd /usr/src, patch -p1 <
/location/of/file/filename.diff > /some/dir/patch.log

I did NOT write ANY of this stuff... I only made the individual patches
work for me, then diffed a clean tree against my completely patched
tree.

PLEASE do NOT ask me about the patches. I am only submitting this for
people who want/need all of these features...

BTW, this works on kernel-2.2.16 just as well as 2.4.x

To get all of the functionality out of this patch, you need the
following;
/etc/ppp/options.pptpd
+chap
+chapms
+chapms-v2
chapms-strip-domain ## makes DOMAIN\user come thru as user
mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless
require-chap
require-mppe
require-mppe-stateless

/etc/modules.conf
alias   ppp-compress-18         ppp_mppe

/etc/modules.conf
alias   char-major-108          ppp_generic
alias   /dev/ppp                ppp_generic
alias   tty-ldisc-3             ppp_async
alias   tty-ldisc-14            ppp_synctty
alias   ppp-compress-18         ppp_mppe
alias   ppp-compress-21         bsd_comp
alias   ppp-compress-24         ppp_deflate
alias   ppp-compress-26         ppp_deflate

then do;
mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0
chmod 600 /dev/ppp

As always, your mileage may vary.