[pptp-server] poptop and NT domain controller authentication

Andrew W. Davis awdavis at waretec.com
Tue Feb 6 02:25:48 CST 2001

so maybe I'm missing something here, but it's late and my eyes can't take
any more archive reading...

I've set up my poptop server and it finally will authenticate MPPE and the
such.  I've figured out how to get it to correctly authenticate with the
smbpassword file.  I've got some routing issues I need to straighten out
between the 2 NIC's in my Linux box, but I guess here's my real question:

Do I have to set up domain logins to Samba on my Linux box?  Is there no way
that they can be sent to my NT Domain controller?  From all that I'm reading,
I have to set up my Linux box in a different domain all together.  This
introduces an entirely new set of issues...

Isn't the client machine actually looking for an NT Domain controller after
it actually establishes the VPN tunnel?  So why can't it just seek out my
NT box?

Forgive my ignorance and I'll apreciate your help ;)

Andrew