[pptp-server] 2.2.17 and ip_masq_vpn.patch

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Thu Feb 8 15:58:14 CST 2001

Hi all,

My setup was running sweet and as the old saying goes "If it ain't
broken....tweak it" so I did.
I wanted to add ip_masq_vpn to my firewall at home so my windows machine
behind it can access the PPTPD server on the net due to the below error
messages :
Feb  9 07:54:13 firewall pptpd[20126]: Error reading from pppd: Input/output
error
Feb  9 07:54:13 firewall pptpd[20126]: CTRL: GRE read or PTY write failed
(gre,pty)=(6,5)
Feb  9 07:54:13 firewall pptpd[20126]: CTRL: Client x.x.x.x control
connection finished

My first problem came when I was in the middle of compiling and Linux had
crapped itself and locked up (first time ever), after the reboot I fully
recompiled again and it finished OK and patched the /boot/* files and lilo
-v all done.

My problem now is that ip_masq_portfw is stuffed and won't load due to
Unresolved Symbols error and my Windows VPN also still doesn't connect yet
another machine without a firewall works OK..

I'm using ip_masq_vpm.patch.gz suggested from
ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/masquerade for 2.2.17 and couldn't find
the command to use as it's usually placed in the first line of the patch so
I tried
patch < ../ip_masq_vpn.patch and it seemed to patch OK.

Can anybody help here? There isn't many instructions on how to patch or use
this...

thanks,
George Vieira