[pptp-server] Sending tty connects via vpn

Doug Olivier dolivier at bondedcollections.com
Fri Feb 9 09:42:56 CST 2001

Hello this is my first time addressing this mailing list so if my question has previously been answered ( I looked through archives) please bear with me.

I have installed PopTop and current have win98 clients connecting correctly.

My network:

Win98 Clients                                                                               Non-Employees
                     \                                                                                                     \
                       Linux 2.2.17 Router/Firewall --> Dsl --> Internet --> Wireless Internet --> VPN Server --> Internal network -> Target Server
                      /
Wyse terminals

The internal network is a mixed Novell, win, Unix environment using public IP's which we do not own (previous admin).

Two things I need to do
1. Non-employees need access to only telnet the Target Server. I assume doing IP-allocation and special routing for these IP's would solve that.
2. The Linux Router/Firewall has to pass 6 dumb terminal connections to the same target server on the Internal network. Redirect gettys ?

Any suggestions, links, stories of success with a similar setup would be appreciated.

Douglas J. Olivier
Network Administrator
Bonded Collections of Tucson Inc.
520.322.7283