[pptp-server] RH7 2.2.17 -> I've tried EVERYTHING & still NO WORKY!

Andrew W. Davis awdavis at qicserv.net
Tue Feb 13 23:56:49 CST 2001

ok...I can get everything to work just fine under the 2.2.12 kernel
except 128-bit encryption, but that's just not good enough because then
my box is prone to exploits.  The problem I'm having is I can't get the
dang modules to compile.  It keeps comming up with PPP_MAGIC errors and
I'm not able to apply the if_ppp_2.2.17.diff patch...I get hunk errors.
I've tried both the RPM and tarball of 2.2.17 kernel and neither will
patch or compile modules correctly.  Using the tarball of ppp-2.3.11,
here's the patches I'm applying:

ppp-2.3.11-openssl-0.9.5-mppe.patch
ppp_mppe_compressed_data_fix.diff
pppsmb.pat
strip-MSdomain-patch.diff

I had to do some serious battle just to get the kernel to compile.  Is
there someone out there who has this same configuration (128-bit MPPE
and password validation against smbpasswd support) who can just send me
the modules I need??

Any and all help would be appreciated...

Andrew