[pptp-server] Windows ME Success?

Michael Walter walterm at Gliatech.com
Wed Feb 14 11:32:22 CST 2001

I have run into this issue on win2k before.  I haven't dug into why this
solution sometimes works, but it has several times.  Basically, go into
internet explorer, under tools->internet options->security.  Set all the
zones to their defaults.  On WinME it might take a reboot.

Thanks,

Michael J. Walter
rhce mcdba mcse+i a+
Network Administrator
Gliatech, Inc.
23420 Commerce Park Rd.
Beachwood, Ohio 44122
Tel: (216) 831-3200
Email: walterm at gliatech.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonard L. Goldenstein [mailto:len at ghy.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 10:48 AM
To: pptp-server at lists.schulte.org
Subject: [pptp-server] Windows ME Success?

Hi,
I haven't seen much mentioned on the list about Windows ME client support?
Anyone had any success using Windows ME as a client?

I had one user today try to connect to PPTP 1.1.2 from Windows ME.  The
setup on the client end seemed to be consistent with the Windows 98SE client
setup.  The user was able to authenticate but the connection was quickly
terminate with Windows ME claiming that the server did not support the
required encryption protocol.  Funny thing is that the server said the user
connected at 128bit encryption.

Well, all I know is that everything works fine with Windows 98 clients.
Anyone got tips for Windows ME clients?

Thanks a bunch.

Leonard L. Goldenstein
Information Services Consultant