[pptp-server] Now I'm Really confused!

jdonahue at agiletech.com jdonahue at agiletech.com
Thu Feb 15 10:50:25 CST 2001

I followed all the steps in the mail titled "Working under Redhat V7.0 with
Kernel V2.2.17-14"

and got all the way through, only error was when compiling modules...but
that was expected.

Now I launch "pptpd -d" no prob....I insmod ppp_mppe...that works...

But when I "require Encryption" and try to connect it errors out, and at
the server console I get "unrecognized option +mschap" if I remove that, it
says unrecognized option for +mschap-v2, then for mppe-40, and so on...and
is I don't have those lines, then the client side says "server does not
support encryption"

What did I do wrong?