[pptp-server] Problems with PPTP on Digital Unix 4.0d

David Luyer david_luyer at pacific.net.au
Fri Feb 16 05:41:11 CST 2001

> Tcpdump scanning on the Alpha showed that it was observing GRE packets
> from the client but the select call on the GRE raw socket was not
> acknowledging that they were available to be read.

I seem to remember coming to a similar conclusion once before; a solution
would be to write something which uses bpf to capture GRE packets (ie,
effectively tcpdump for GRE packets...).  I'd expect it wouldn't be too
hard.

Or just install Linux on the Alpha :-)

David.
--
David Luyer                                        Phone:   +61 3 9674 7525
Senior Network Engineer        P A C I F I C       Fax:     +61 3 9699 8693