[pptp-server] A few more questions

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Fri Feb 16 10:36:07 CST 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:57:24 -0500, you wrote:

>Now my question is how do I know if my data connection is using data
>encryption? (If this is at all possible with PoPToe), or if my login is
>secure?
>I'm using a Windows 2000 client to test this btw.
On the server look at the logs:
 pppd[16309]: MPPE 128 bit, stateless compression enabled
means 128bit
and so on.
On the client look at the properties of the tray icon.

You can force encryption on the client, using appropriate check box in
win, or on the server
 pppd[16309]: MPPE 128 bit, stateless compression enabled
 pppd[16309]: stateless MPPE enforced
using appropriate patch:
http://themm.net/require-mppe.diff

giulioo at pobox.com