[pptp-server] A few more questions

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Wed Feb 21 16:58:10 CST 2001

I'm glad you corrected your last post. I was about to respond with... huh!!

FWIW: I have found no reason to specify multiple "localip" addresses for
each VPN. In fact, I have my "localip" set to the same address as the eth0
device of the PopTop server. Maybe someone can enlighten me on "why" I would
want to specify multiple IP's for the local side.

Anyway, to validate the above - perfrom a traceroute to a VPN client from a
desktop client on your private LAN and notice which ip address answered the
arp request. With linux, its always the ethernet interface's ip address that
is listed as the proxyarp when the VPN connection started, NOT the localip
address specified in /etc/pptpd.conf.