[pptp-server] pptp probs

Justin Kreger jkreger at avidsolutionsinc.com
Fri Feb 23 06:26:45 CST 2001

I am routing between offices using pptp.

We have an office with a satellite internet connection.  It has about
800-2800 ms delay depending on conditions.

Anyway, We have another office, that connects over a modem, with a linux
masquerading firewall.  A NT server brings up a PPTP connection on demand,
and connects them to our Corperate HQ, It works fine (the server is NT 4).

The office with the satellite has win2k server.  The connection seems to die
after a few minutes of no use.  The tunnel stays up, but no traffic comes
back.  Its like a route problem, like NT server decides to kick traffic back
over their satellite, even know its destined for the tunnel.

Any ideas?  I've tried implmenting RIP to keep the routes updated, but it
still dosen't work.

-Justin, An Anti-Microsoft MCSE