[pptp-server] Encryption and Win2k

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Tue Feb 27 16:45:20 CST 2001

	Has anyone actually gotten this to work. My current setup is a
patched 2.4.2 kernel and a patched pppd2.4.0f. Without encryption
everthing works fine.

	Encryption also works fine with 95/98/ME but not with win2k.

	From what I can work out win2k is paqssig the packets up and
down the tunnel. Eg if the win2k box pings the server it gets the ping
packet and the win2k box receives it, I can tell since the little light
in the tool bar flashes. But the ping program doesn't actually get the
icmp packet. It's as if the win2k kernel is dropping it at some stage
for some reason.

	Has anyone had any sucess with this setup?

--
John Ferlito
Senior Engineer - Bulletproof Networks