[pptp-server] Kernel Patching

Robert Dege rcd at amherst.com
Tue Jan 16 10:07:43 CST 2001

There is a kernel patch at this web site:
http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/linux_pptp.html

It creates a module to allow Linux IP masquerading to handle PPTP.  I
implemented this on my firewall to try & fix my problems of GRE packet
forwarding.

But when I try to make a PPTP connection to my masqueraded server, the
module never laods.  If I manually insmod it, it remains unused even
during the PPTP connection attempt.

Does anybody know if this patch is only for masqueraded PPTP Clients
instead of a server?  His documentation is not quite clear in this area.

-Rob