[pptp-server] Connexion, but no ping.....

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Wed Jan 17 23:41:51 CST 2001

> The problem is that I cannot ping the server from my
> workstation, nor I can ping the workstation from the
> pptp server.  Forwarding is enabled, as proxyarp is.
> What am I missing ? I put all my energy in this for
> days, but I just can make it work.....  and it HAS
> to work.  I'm on Mandrake 7.2, with kernel 2.4.0-0.31.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated !

Just a thought!!, but if you "indeed" have ip forwarding enabled and you see
a message in your logfiles stating something to the effect "found interface
eth1 for proxy arp", then its possible that your ipchain rules are NOT
accepting and/or forwarding from eth1 to ppp0 and vise-versa.

Steve Cowles