[pptp-server] routing and multiple connections

yan seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Fri Jan 19 05:06:12 CST 2001

I have 4 subnets on my network; the pptp clients will make a fifth.  I
currenty use vtun to tie the linux clinets together.  With the pptp
clients, I need a subnet to make my security work correctly - pptp
client subnet will be allowed access to some subnets and not others.

My network is laid out in a star topology, as I only have a single fixed
IP.  All clients have random IPs.

So to give a pptp client access to, say, the main office and one remote
office, but not my home network, and certainly not the main router
hub/firewall, I need to add routes manually.

As someone else mentioned, I'll look at ip-up and ip-down.  That's
probably the place to add and remove routes.

--Yan