[pptp-server] LCP terminated by peer w/ encryption enabled (MPPE patches applied to pppd)

Jon Burford jburford at xsilogy.com
Sat Jan 20 16:46:04 CST 2001

Yep, the kernel module WAS necessary.  I missed some of the docs, but there
was a little manual config required when using openssl-0.9.6 that was not
documented.  Things are working with 2.2.14 w/ mppe-40 (stateless) now, but
I got this error when I tried a patched 2.4.0 kernel with ppp-2.3.10:

GRE: bad checksum from pppd

Is there a known incompatibility between kernel 2.4.0 and ppp-2.3.10?

I also noticed that mppe-128 does not seem to be supported by default on
win2000.  Does anyone know what is required for this?
Also, did anyone notice that the ppp-2.3.11 patch does not apply cleanly
with patch -p1?  Because of this, I used the ppp-2.3.10 patch.

Cheers!
Jon