[pptp-server] Can Listen IP be on one iface and LAN be on ano ther

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Tue Jan 23 23:40:34 CST 2001

The configuration you described (two Ethernet cards) is very common. So, the
answer to your question is... YES. The key to your success will be proper
ipchain rules.

If your not very strong with entering ipchain rules, I would suggest that
you download and install "seawall" at http://seawall.sourceforge.net The
nice thing about seawall is that you edit a very well documented
configuration file that describes your network architecture. Then based on a
single configuration file, seawall will issue the appropriate ipchain
commands. In fact, seawall's configuration file specifically addresses PPTP
servers (even PopTop), PPTP clients behind a linux based firewall along with
IPSEC.

FWIW: I use seawall on my linux based firewall.

Steve Cowles