[pptp-server] (no subject)

Daniel Craig danielcraig at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jan 24 16:14:28 CST 2001

Hi all

I have a problem. I have a pptpd running on my firewall. My firewall is
masquerading the internal network (subnet 192.168.1.0/24) the gateway is
eth0=192.168.1.1 the ip for the external interface is eth1=192.168.0.1: this
is connected to an ADSL modem(which has a static ip) with DHCP and NAT
enabled(DHCP so that eth1 can pick connect to the modem, Nat is translating
port 47 and 1723 to 192.168.0.1.

My problem is when logging in from the outside. I can login fine. But I
can't get any traffic back, I can't ping machines on the local net and I
can't ping from the local net to the VPN client. Can anyone help? Do you
need me to give more info about the my setup?

Does anyone have experience with this kind of setup?

Kind Regards

Daniel Craig