[pptp-server] http://www.vibres.com/pptpd/example.html

Jason Osborne rage at sohonetworks.cc
Mon Jan 29 23:49:53 CST 2001

Have you checked to make sure that the cisco router isn't blocking GRE
packets?
  <!--StartFragment-->7.3.9.	Get "Sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0>
<auth chap 81>
  	    "...last message repeated 9 times"
  	    "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests"
  	errors in your log file

  	This typically means the GRE data link is not making it from your
  	client to your server, typically because of firewalls.  Remember
  	that pptpd requires both a control connection (TCP port 1723) and
  	a data connection (GRE protocol = TCP/IP protocol 47).  Check all
  	of the firewalls between your two machines to make sure they are
  	allowing both types of traffic to pass in both directions.

Also, what type of connection do you have to the internet. I have ISDN and
was having the same problem and it turned out to not be my firewall, but
something else. Also, turn all on the debugging you can and post up a
session so we can take a look at it. Thanks, Jason.

A link you might find usefully:
http://www.vibrationresearch.com/pptpd/pptpd-FAQ.txt