[pptp-server] Unrecognized Option chapms

Douglas W Koobs doug.koobs at dimensionnetworks.com
Thu Jul 5 08:18:27 CDT 2001

Hello,

I have patched the ppp-2.4.0 source with the
ppp-2.4.0-openssl-0.9.6-mppe.patch.gz . pptpd (using 1.0.1) starts OK, but
when a client tries to connect, this shows up in messages:

 In file /etc/ppp/options: unrecognized option '+chapms'

and the client can't connect. Is there another patch to the ppp-2.4.0 that I
need to apply to get MSCHAP working?I have followed the how-to at
home.swbell.net/bezerke, which I have used in the past without much problem.
I am not sure what i am missing this time... Thanks,

Doug