[pptp-server] Re: unresolved symbols in ppp.o using kernel 2.2.19 (redhat)

benjamin-smith at utulsa.edu benjamin-smith at utulsa.edu
Thu Jul 5 14:22:01 CDT 2001

Nelson,

I tried close to the same thing you're doing, unsuccessfully.  I ended up using
the 2.4 kernel patch with the Redhat 7.1 kernel;  but I think the fault is not
in the patch, but in Redhat's kernel.  Try turning off "Set Version
Information
on all Module Symbols" under "Modules" during kernel config.  If
that doesn't
work under 6.2, and you are set on using a stock Redhat kernel, upgrade to
7.1.  I'm not sure what this kernel setting does, but it's been working great
for me for a few weeks now.  P.S. If this doesn't work and you do upgrade to
7.1, be sure to start with a Redhat configuration from the "/usr/src/linux-
2.4/configs" directory.  If you don't want to upgrade, most people will
advise
you to download the kernel tarballs and use them.  Good luck!

-Ben Smith
benjamin-smith at utulsa.edu