[pptp-server] VPN client using NAT

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Tue Jul 10 22:56:58 CDT 2001

Tom Eastep [mailto:teastep at seattlefirewall.dyndns.org] wrote:
> >And to make life interesting, the 2.2.17 kernel series from
> >Redhat include the ip_masq_pptp module, while the 2.2.19
> >kernel series doesn't   :-(
>
> One more argument in favor of building your own kernels.

Oh, but dont' forget the 2.2.17 kernels from RH included only partial pptp
patches.  They still had to be patched to get full correct functionality.

Also, I'd like to point out that the 2.4.x series can (by default) masq
multiple pptp connections so long as they all have different external end
points.  I use a 2.4 kernel on our company firewall and we are constantly
connecting to multiple client sites via pptp for support.

Jamin W. Collins