[pptp-server] ppp.c problems (was PPP_MAGIC thread)

Brian Collins bcollins at newnanutilities.org
Fri Jul 13 10:57:15 CDT 2001

I tried on a clean machine the same procedure that worked the other
day.  It bombed with the 'tty_pushing' errors in ppp.c again.  After some
troubleshooting, I found that the ppp.c included with the ppp rpm distro is
of course what's causing the problem.  When I use the version shipped with
2.2.17-14 from Red Hat, it compiles fine.  Everything seems to work.  But
I'm not sure if I've broken something for later.  :-)  The ppp.c with the
ppp distro is 78439 bytes, the one with Red Hat's is 73501.  About 5k of
changes.

I'm wondering how other Red Hat users on 2.2.17-14 got this to compile
without the error.   Perhaps I should move to 2.2.19?

--Brian