[pptp-server] Was Error 742

Sean Riley sean at therileys.org
Sat Jul 14 00:09:54 CDT 2001

I have reinstalled a number of times now (getting to be a wiz at it)

I following directions I get the pptpd server working without encryption.  No
problem.

When I turn on encryption I get the LCP terminated by peer message in the
messages log.  all three modules ppp_deflate, ppp_mppe, bsd_comp load and
register, they are in modules.conf.

I have noticed that dmesg produces 2 messages each time I fail to log in with
encryption bot the same:

compress rejected: opt_len=32,o[0]=12,o[1]=6

Anyone seen this ???

In searching the mailing list I see this error, but no resolution listed.

Client is Win2K (went and ran 128 bit encryption upgrade to be sure) kernel
currently is stock RH 7.0 but have tried with 2.2.19-7 as well.

Any suggestions ?  Can anyone confirm Win2K running with encryption ?

Thanks much

SR