[pptp-server] pptp through firewall

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Fri Jul 20 08:52:49 CDT 2001

Randy Millis [mailto:rmillis at home.com]
> I don't understand these very well. Also, I cant seem to find
> any detailed
> docs. Suggestions please?
>
> > > localip 192.168.100.240-254
> Does this need to be the IP address of the host pptpd is running on?

It doesn't need to be that IP.  This is the IP address used for the server
side of the PPTP tunnel.  It is usually a good idea if this ip is in the
same subnet as your remoteip addresses.

> Is this the range of allowable addresses permitted to connect?

Not quite.  This is the range of ips that is used to allocate an ip address
to clients that connect for their end of the PPTP tunnel.

Hope that helps a bit.

Jamin W. Collins