[pptp-server] Win98 authentication fails.

Brian Lund Larsen brian at dipcard.com
Tue Jul 24 10:54:04 CDT 2001

On 24 Jul 2001 17:36:06 +0200, Brian Lund Larsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup a VPN connection from a win98 client machine.
>
> I've already succesfully setup connections with win2k, NT and win98se
> clients.
>
> With the NT machine it send domainname\\username and my first logon
> attempt failed, but after adding domainname\\username to the
> chap-secrets file it worked fine.
>
> However now I have this last client machine that needs to be connected -
> it sends domainname\\username too - but I can't get it to authenticate
> even though the correct username + secret is in chap-secrets.

A little bit more info:

I disabled logon to network for Microsoft Networkclient logon, and the
win98 client machine now only sends username - but the problem is still
there, the server refuses to authenticate it, even when using a
username+password that works from another machine.

--
Best regards,

Brian Lund Larsen

System Administrator