[pptp-server] Win98 authentication fails.

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Wed Jul 25 07:54:58 CDT 2001

robert [mailto:berzerke at swbell.net] wrote:
> Since it's only with one client, it could be the client.  I
> remember someone mentioning that they uninstalled client
> for ms networks and reinstalled then everything worked
> fine.

That was most likely me.  I had the problem where the client would
authenticate but not be able to do any kind of browsing.  All other
communication was fine, but MS browsing was broken.

It wouldn't hurt to reinstall the VPN software on the client machine and/or
make sure that the latest updates for 98 have been installed from MS.

Jamin W. Collins