[pptp-server] WIN98 BlackMagic

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Wed Jun 6 17:33:02 CDT 2001

I agree with Steve, I run my NT server as a WINS server and works OK. The
only need on the linux box was the master browser so I can see all LAN
machines via the tunnel as broadcasts don't route. 1 other thing I did which
helped some problem was to add my VPN machines IP to the remote announce as
it broke for some reason (possibly no longe rthe master browser?? who
knows).

in your samba logs, you wil find log.{machinename} which will show logs with
samba communicating to your PC and any actions done. There is also log.nmb
and log.smb and the log.nmb will be interesting as this is the NetBIOS log
file.

It's a bit weird that not even browsing via IP works. I have every machine
on the same workgroup, my password and login are the same from LAN and VPN
and all is OK.. this should work for the problem user.

I think it's time to get a trimmed down /etc/smb.conf file.

thanks,
George Vieira