[pptp-server] Server may ping client, client unable to ping s erver

Andrews Carl 448 Carl.Andrews at crackerbarrel.com
Thu Jun 7 22:17:02 CDT 2001

 I had the same problem. When I accessed the server's VPN and ON THE SERVER
type ifconfig, the PPP adapter was given an "local network" and a "remote
network" ip address. I had to modify pptpd.conf,options.pptp and ipchains to
allow access for the "new" network

Add to the /etc/pptpd.conf
debug
option /etc/ppp/options.pptp
localip 192.168.1.80-89
remoteip 192.168.0.80-89

#/etc/ppp/options.pptp
proxyarp
+chap
auth
debug
lock
defaultroute
ms-dns 216.206.101.2

then add access for 192.168.0.80-90 for ipchains

Hope this helps!