[pptp-server] Subnet mask Question

Joey Coco anesthes at cisdi.com
Mon Jun 11 20:10:23 CDT 2001

Hi,

There is a netmask option for pppd you can put in your options
file. Unfortunately, it doesn't set the other side (or at least, as i've
tested with Win2k/98). It does however set the poptop side.

netmask n
              Set the interface netmask to n, a 32 bit netmask in
              "decimal  dot"  notation  (e.g. 255.255.255.0).  If
              this option is given, the value specified  is  ORed
              with  the  default netmask.

-- Joe

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Paul Mills wrote:

> Is it possible to change the subnet mask from 255.255.255.0 to
> 255.255.0.0 on the incomming connections?  And ifso where and how?
> (Linux Mandrake 6.1 with kernal 2.2.14, latest stable of pptpd)
>
> Thanks
> Paul

"I will never engage myself in a corperation backed by a religion, making
tax free profits while standing behind the protection of a execution symbol.
I will never allow myself to be lured by the perversion of priesthood.
I will never sit and watch my brothers starve in poverty living on the steps
of a so-called house of god, nor will I ever call someone my father who is
not closer than a stranger.."