[pptp-server] ADMINISTRIVIA: recent 'UNSUBSCRIBE ME' messages

Christopher Schulte christopher at schulte.org
Mon Jun 18 22:29:05 CDT 2001

I appreciate the annoyance these messages bring to the mailing
list.  Unfortunately, there's not a lot I can do about it.  People tend to
type without thinking.  Sad, but true.  Unless we move to a moderated type
list structure, these messages must be accepted as a part of life.

I've gone through recent messages and removed as many as I could
see.  Several were replying with different 'from:' addresses, thus making
it even harder for them to get off.  Of course, all they'd have to do is
look at the headers of their email and see exactly where it was being
delivered to.

I've also changed the last line of the messages sigs to:

--- To unsubscribe, go to the url just above this line. --

in hopes that this will grab more attention than a simple URL.

All subscriptions must be acknowledged via an email message.  Nobody should
be able to add anyone without their consent.  Of course myself and the list
admin can, but neither of us would add addresses w/o permission.

If you see further messages such as this, forward them to
pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org and
mailman-owner at lists.schulte.org.  One of us should be able to yank them off
w/o any more unnecessary messages to the list.

--
Christopher Schulte
Finger for PGP key, or for UNIX impaired: