[pptp-server] PPTP masquerade

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Fri Jun 22 07:53:30 CDT 2001

Josh Howlett [mailto:Josh.Howlett at bristol.ac.uk] wrote:
> Is this a limitation/feature of poptop?  I've read of ppl
> doing it with Windows PPTP server.

Yes and no.  IIRC, the specification either limits the number of
connections, or doesn't say.  But as for where the limitation actually lies
in this case, yes TMK PoPToP is your limiter.  If you want to do something
like this (multiple people behind one public IP) I suggest two alternatives.
1) Use a VPN client to make the connection and route the other clients
through it (this could be on the public IP box or another).  2) use
FreeS/WAN to provide the same style of connection (actually, this is more
what FreeS/WAN was designed for).

Jamin W. Collins