[pptp-server] PPTP masquerade && MS non-compliance

Allan Clark allanc at caldera.com
Fri Jun 22 11:50:50 CDT 2001

OK, we've all seen the Microsoft Halloween papers... "enrich and
extend... to preserve our client base.." etc.  I think we can kill the
way this thread is going before we start.

We were back somewhere around "multiple connections between two boxes,
one of which is masquerading for the actual PPTP clients" -- and whether
this is a good thing for poptop and the masquerading folks to consider.

There's a heavy precident in the industry for "that's what the spec
says, but we're emulating the non-compliance of those guys".  I think we
should consider supporting this, **AND** draft an ammendment or revision
to the RFC.

Allan