[pptp-server] Still trouble using mppe-128

Stefan Tomanek stefan_tomanek at web.de
Mon Jun 25 06:00:06 CDT 2001

I've tracked down my problem to a few lines in the CTCP-dialog:

These lines represent the view of the client:

rcvd [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15> <deflate(old#) 15> <mppe 0 0 0 60> <bsd v1 15>]
   The Server tries to use mppe with a parameter of 60 (whatever
   that means)
sent [CCP ConfNak id=0x1 <mppe 0 0 0 40>]
   The Client refuses and wants mppe 40 [which should be 128bit as i
   found out]
rcvd [CCP ConfRej id=0x1 <mppe 1 0 0 40>]
   This is being rejected from the server, but why?

exactly mean? I looked through the sourcecode, but irrespective of my
small knowledge of C I coulnd not find these Number, probably because of
their different notation in source (Hex,Oct,Bin?).
Please help, I am getting depressive about it :)
--
   /stefan_tomanek at web.de | ICQ:1177934 | PGP:finger stefan at localhost.ruhr.de /
  /        Spielen unter Linux: http://spiele.freepage.de/linux-zocker/     /