[pptp-server] Making this thing useful

Lech, Dan DLech at csicorp-us.com
Mon Jun 25 10:30:16 CDT 2001

Alright,
I am running RedHat 7.1 and PoPToP v1.0.1  I have one NIC installed with a
real world IP and another installed on our private network. I followed all
the instructions and I can get my win98 machine to authenticate on the VPN,
but I can't do anything with it. I can ping the internal nic on the PoPToP
server but I can't make a connection to any of the machines on the network.
I know I am missing some fundamental concept but I can't figure out what.
Also, this machine is not used for anything else (i.e. proxy, firewall, etc)

Below are my config files:

# pptpd.conf
speed 115200
localip 192.168.1.12
remoteip 192.168.2.234-238,192.168.2.245

# options
debug
name vpnsrv01
auth