[pptp-server] Making this thing useful

Gustin @ Echostar gustin at echostar.ca
Tue Jun 26 01:47:51 CDT 2001

I had the same problem.  For us the problem probably was the firewall
rules.  The VPN bridging rules for ipchains *must* be before the ipmasq
rule.  I assume that you are running a 2.2.x kernel and are thus also
using ipchains.  This also presumes that the VPN box is also doing ipmasq
for the internal lan.

I found the solution in a search of google.

Also info from the logs is very handy.  For instance on another machine on
your lan, do you see connection attempts or nothing at all?  One symptom
of the problem I described earlier is that connection attempts were made
but there was no route back to the tunneled machine, connections thus
failing.

So if the solution suggested does not help you, far more information is
needed so that we may be able to assist.

Cheers,
__
Gustin