[pptp-server] MPPE died

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Thu Jun 28 19:24:59 CDT 2001

[root at firewall /boot]# cat System.map |grep mppe
c01a2210 t mppe_synchronize_key
c01a2260 t mppe_initialize_key
c01a22e0 t mppe_change_key
c01a2410 t mppe_comp_free
c01a2420 t mppe_comp_alloc
c01a2500 t mppe_comp_init
c01a25d0 t mppe_decomp_init
c01a26b0 t mppe_comp_reset
c01a2700 t mppe_update_count
c01a2770 t mppe_compress
c01a2850 t mppe_comp_stats
c01a28a0 t mppe_decompress
c01a2a10 t mppe_incomp
c02da900 D ppp_mppe

I guess it is.. Maybe it was just a glitch (every Network Admins hopes).

Well, the patching and stuff is killing me. PPPD should now have implemented
the domain strip and mppe and all that... someone's gotta get it done to
make it easier for n00bs (newbies).

thanks,
George Vieira
Network Engineer