[pptp-server] Net Neighborhood is misbehavin'

Robert Dege rcd at amherst.com
Thu Mar 1 11:56:07 CST 2001

I apologize for my silence, but I quickly discovered what happens to
your linux box when you upgrade to PC133 RAM & your machine goes *yuck*

Anways, upon some investigation, I discovered that most of the NT
machines here on my Network have a Protocol installed by Novell called
'NWLink NetBIOS'.  So in short, almost 60% of the company is using
IPX/SPX to communicate NetBIOS.  So I switched the binding order on 1 NT
machine, so that NetBIOS was bound to the NIC card instead of the IPX
protocol, and I could find it under `Find Computer` on the PPTP Client.

Thanks for the help on that one.  I still need to figure out the
Workgroups problem (or if it's inter-related with the above problem).
I'll let you know of my findings.

-Rob