[pptp-server] WinProxy and PPTP and DSL

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Tue Mar 6 11:26:15 CST 2001

shawn Ripley [mailto:ripley at cadvision.com] wrote:
> I have been tying to implemnt a WinProxy connection to the
> PPTPD at work.
> The client is a windows lan fired off DSL.  PPTP works on laptop that
> connects though modem so things on the server side are good.
> Should I even
> be using win proxy?  Has anyone on the list ever used winproxy.

A bit more information seems to be necessary here.  Are you attempting to
connect your entire home LAN to your work LAN via PPTPD, or are you
attempting to make a PPTP connection from one client that is behind a
WinProxy firewall?

In either case, does the documentation for WinProxy indicate that it will
route GRE packets?

Jamin W. Collins