[pptp-server] RV: ppp

robert berzerke at swbell.net
Thu Mar 8 10:36:18 CST 2001

The first message is normal and isn't something to really worry about, unless
you have multiple clients trying to connect all at once.  It merely means all
the assigned IP numbers for a VPN connection are in use.  Increase the number
of remote IP numbers in pptpd.conf if want to get rid of this message.

As for the second method, does your /etc/ppp/options file have a line "auth"?
 If so, try changing it to "noauth".  Let me know if this works.

On Thursday 08 March 2001 08:29, Gustavo Martin Ortega wrote:
> When y try to connect to my vpnn server,appears at the linux console the
> following message:
>

> No free connection slots or IPs available - no more
> clients can connect!
> /usr/sbin/pppd: The remote system is required to
> authenticate itself
>                       /usr/sbin/pppd: but I couldn't
> find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to
> do so.
>
> =====
>
> Can somebody help me ?
>
> Thanks a lot.